Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thieves!


Someone broke into my toolshed, and took off with my tools. Bastards! The causalties include at least the following: two socket sets and a few dozen oddball sockets to fit every cranny of my bike, a nice set of screwdrivers, three sets of crescent wrenches (end wrenches?) and some spanners (crescent wrenches?), tape measure, hammer, various fluids and adhesives, my multimeter, ... They didn't take my lift, presumably because it was held down with my disassembled motorcycle, and my new, expensive brake pads were already on the bike.

Fortunately I live only a few blocks from Autozone, and $120 later I had replaced most of my core stuff PLUS a nifty new torque wrench. Another trip, a toolbox and some plastic boxes, and I'll be back on track.

When it rains, it pours, huh?

Meanwhile...


I've already written up postings on removing the rear wheel, doing the brakes, etc. Look for them in upcoming weeks.

Today I broke in the new tools, by removing the brake rotor and driven sprocket from my trashed rear wheel. My new tire is already here, and the bearings & rim should be here by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment